Microsoft Sync Framework is not a mirroring technology

I think I got it wrong, I wanted to sync two folders by using Microsoft Sync Framework , so I downloaded their sample and it did a very good job of copying folder A content to folder B BUT after few minutes I saw that if altered the state of folder B (Like deleting a folder) than when doing the sync again the folder didn’t come back to life – apparently only changes that are detected on the source are applied to the target

 

Am I doing something wrong (coz according to the article the knowledge of the target and knowledge of the source is used to determine the payload that should be synced)?

Should I be disappointed or I simply expected something that is not intended to do?

* I don’t want to have two way sync (I want to mirror A to B)

Microsoft Sync Framework is not a mirroring technology Microsoft Sync Framework is not a mirroring technology Reviewed by Ran Davidovitz on 12:08 AM Rating: 5

3 comments:

Gregory Miller said...

Its not a mirroring technology? As much as I find that hard to believe, your words are soothing like baby lotion. The baby lotion is missing an ingredient though.

You know what that is?
Curry

Ran Davidovitz said...

Actually i don't really understand...
Can you provide more details on that?

Anonymous said...

You can do that by setting the synchronization flow to Download or Upload.
Hope this helps.
Puneet

Powered by Blogger.